We are a strength and conditioning facility that is based in Wairau Valley on Auckland’s North shore, Our main focus is creating a safe and friendly environment where our members feel comfortable and welcome to train.We specialise in group fitness, personal training, olympic lifting, gymnastics, strength and conditioning and overall health, fitness and wellbeing.
- "CrossFit is great because it prepares me for Life. The training involves functional movements performed at high intensity which has given me the physical ability and mental confidence to perform whatever life throws at me!"
- "I’ve been crossfitting on and off for the last 6 years. It all started off as a way to get me out of bed after dealing with long workdays, sleep deprivation and jet lag…which are just a few common side effects for a Flight Attendant. It’s added some sort of structure to a crazy shift workers existence. I began to feel more accountable for getting myself out of my zombie jetlag state by forcing myself to the gym and achieve a better lifestyle balance. I enjoy that every workout is so different and I never become complacent. Crossfit holds me accountable in many ways and I find I recover from jetlag quicker, achieve better sleep quality, eat cleaner and all round keeps me sane after saying hello, goodbye, tea and coffee to 600 customers on a regular basis."
- "Carrying a broad base disc bulge (aka - dodgy back) I found the movements I have learn't, drastically strengthen my core and back, which not only helped with my recreational hunting, but wellbing in general. I have found myself most mornings at crazy o'clock surrounded by great friends pushing themselves through the daily wod. It has been great to see such a variety of fitness levels participating and succeeding at their own goals. There is no attitude or judgement which tends to occur at some gyms making Crossfit Kia Maia an encouraging and friendly environment. What more can I say, we have it all really - great coaches, great equipment, great people and all that adds up to making working out a heap of fun...."
- GARETH "Joining Crossfit kiaMaia was the best decision I ever made. I had been involved in a few boxes over the years but never one that is so community based and professional at the same time. The variety of the programming that has evolved with the development of the box over the last few years is truly amazing".
- Michelle W "At the end of last year I was at a real turning point in my life. I had a relationship suddenly end only a few weeks prior and I felt lost. I knew I needed to do something for me. My relationship ended as he didn't find me attractive anymore. Now that's something that no one should ever have to hear. And it hurt. Badly. Other than having the most supportive group of friends ever, the one thing that got me through that awful time was coming along to CrossFit Kia Maia each day. The support you & the other coaches and members gave me when I needed it the most was just incredible and I'll never quite be able to put into words how important that was for me at that time.
- Michelle T "The old cliche crossfit has changed my life. 11 months ago I walked into cf Kia Maia 9.30 mums class.I couldn't even hang myself from a bar let alone think about climbing that dreadful rope. Now I am kipping pull ups climbing that rope and smiling with anticipation when we do hero wods. Crossfit and everyone that comes with it has become a part of my daily routine that I embrace with a smile it challenges me and has made me a stronger person".
Gareth Van Stiprian